My name is McKenna. This is my blog of my chronicles living in Puebla, Mexico teaching with the ILP program from January- April of 2011. What a GREAT experience I had!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Countdown

I have 3 weeks left in Mexico.

In exactly 21 days I will be on a plane that will cross over the border and fly into Phoenix, Arizona (after a short layover in San Fran).

I honestly can't believe it!

This week has been so good for me. We've finally had time to make friends, of course its right before we have to leave, but we've been hanging out with the singles from my ward a lot and they're pretty much the most chill people I've ever met. There's a few a who speak English too, and even though it may be snobby of us we are definitely better friends with them than others.

Honestly? I'm really going to miss Mexico. It's going to be weird transitioning back into the student lifestyle, getting a job (by the way if anyone hears of any openings in Rexbug for Spring- hit me up!), and hearing everything in English.

I decided I'm taking a Spanish class when I get home. And you know what else? I have ZERO classes on Fridays this coming semester. I know its fantastic.

Anyway, back to Mexico.

Today is Carly Kay Berg's 20th Birthday!!!!


And she thinks that we have nothing planned for her. But tonight we're going to surprise her with a dinner party at our school with a bunch of our new friends and some delicious cake. Then later we're going to Cholula to watch some Aztec dancers jump around fires. Yeah, I'm thinking it will be her most memorable Birthday. And don't worry about her reading this, I'm on her like white on rice allll day. We'll see if she even gets the computer...

Yesterday we went to Metepec to go to a small water park and it was SO great. We just needed a nice relaxing day laying around, snacking, playing volleyball and swimming.

Weather? Fantastic.

Pool? Refreshing.

Town? Cute, quaint and totally Mexican.

People? The best.

Again, I'm going to MISS Mexico.
Goofy girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment